Tuesday 1 January 2013

World of Warcraft crash? Don't worry, Windows is here!

Just lately, World of Warcraft (WoW) appears to come up with the odd error message, as you'll see in the picture below.

world of warcraft crashed error message
Hi Mac Users - this is called an error message.

When does WoW come up with this message? When I'm in the middle of a raid? When we've got issues with our Internet connection? Perhaps when I'm talking on my headset?

No.

It's crashes when I tell it to close down.

It's done this a number of times in the last week.  It gets to about a quarter past ten, when I decide it's time to finish gaming and head to bed (where instead of going to sleep as I should do I then spend an hour watching YouTube videos of Wil Wheaton and Nyan Cat - not in the same video I should add), so I drop a farewell message onto the guild channel and tell WoW to shut down.

And it pauses, and the window greys out.  Windows steps in at this point, to helpfully tell me that there has been a problem and Windows will close the program for me, and search for a solution to this problem.

But the problem is that I've told Windows to close WoW. The only solution I can think of is for someone at Microsoft to arrange to come round my house at about 6am, let themselves in, warm up some milk, get my son up and sort him out, allowing me to enjoy a nice little sleep in. Perhaps they could also send someone to work for me to cover for an hour or two.  That way I could play until about midnight instead.

By the way - happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog