Monday 17 June 2013

Fathers Day

About half an hour ago, I was sat watching the guy from Man V Food take on some sort of "Burger of hell" challenge in Texas, whilst eating a fried turkey and cheese sandwich, and waiting for a meat feast pizza to be delivered.  This isn't my usual diet, honest!!

Yesterday was Fathers Day and I had a great day having fun with my son and my other half, doing very little - watching an episode of Poirot and then after seeing my dad we took the lad to a birthday party.  This was the first time he's gone to someone else's party and as a parent my feelings were a mixture of happiness that he'd been invited, and apprehension about his behaviour when he got there!  As it happens he had a great time and everything went swimmingly - his particular favourite I think was a blow-up slide, he spent ages on that after I took him up it once to get him used to it!

It's slightly weird realising that you're a father on Fathers Day, I don't really think of myself as having deserved a day of fun and presents (Angry Birds lunchbox full of sweets, plus beer!) but on the other hand I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth!

Anyway, news?  Um the plan is tomorrow to make loads of videos for my YouTube channel, so watch out for them!  Apart from that I'm trying to push myself out of my normal comfort zone by guest blogging on topics that aren't what I'm used to writing about.  Hopefully some of my work will bear fruit, obviously if and when that happens I'll flag up my posts here too!

3 comments:

  1. Its interesting to think about being a parent. I have often wondered how did I end up helping raising someone else's kids. When all I want to do is read and watch HBO.

    Congrats on being a Dad!!! And if you want to really branch out of your comfort zone I have a guest posting idea for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael,

      Thanks for your comment - I could wonder about how I became a father when all I want to do is watch YouTube videos! But it's worth it :)

      I'd love to hear about your guest posting idea - drop me an email at mike.raven@gmail.com

      Regards, Mike

      Delete
  2. click this replica bags 168 mall Gucci Dolabuy replica bags canada description replica bags wholesale india

    ReplyDelete

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog