Monday 1 July 2013

Steam Engine Rally

We went to Little Weighton Steam Engine Rally on Saturday.  We like Little Weighton because there's enough stuff there - a load of stalls, a cafe area, beer, steam engines, classic cars, various collectable things, and birds of prey - but it isn't too huge and it's pretty cheap to get in (for me and my son it was £4.50, which at other summer shows in the area you'd be looking to pay well over a tenner) so it's generally a good day out.

Three generations of Ravens all happy - and we hadn't had any beer at this point!

Unfortunately my son was a little under the weather due to having a chest infection, but nevertheless we made the best of it and had a look round, and enjoyed some cake and beer!  I can personally recommend "Holderness Dark" by the Great Newsome Brewery, a micro-brewery a few miles outside of Withernsea in East Yorkshire.  Holderness Dark is a very easy drinking mild, and I'd definitely like to enjoy a few of those over an afternoon sometime.

Also, I have a new video going up on my YouTube channel!  The video is a rant about age checks in supermarkets, and will be available here in about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog