Thursday 15 August 2013

National Relaxation Day and did you enjoy YouTube Geek Week?

Firstly, it's National Relaxation Day!  I think this day is a great idea - we are in so much of a rush all the time to get stuff done, it's important to take some time out.  Here's my top 5 ways to relax:


  1. Write.  Yes, unsurprisingly I love writing.  It sets my imagination free and does all that well-being stuff.
  2. Head to a coffee shop or quiet bar.  Somewhere where you can stop, have a drink, and chill out.  My favourite places for these are Planet Coffee, with its huge range of drinks, and Pave - Pave is one of my favourite bars ever.  They introduced me to Jazz, which brings me to-
  3. Music.  Listen to music.  I have possibly the worlds worst taste in music, I can guarantee you that there will be something in my collection that you'll hate.  The CD in my car currently includes Psy, Carly Rae Jepsen, Eminem, Metallica, and Leona Lewis.  And I'm also getting back into my rave music!
  4. Walk.  I don't do enough of this, I really ought to take more constitutionals, but I don't make the time for them, and that's a mistake.
  5. Sleep!

How do you relax?

Changing topic, YouTube's Geek Week took place last week, did you enjoy it?  I loved it!

Some of my highlights:

Taking the geek quiz! (It's still up - why not have a go and let me know what your score was?)

Geek IQ 200!!!  That's the only time I'm going to get a score of 200 for anything IQ-related

This amazing Assassin's Creed Meets Parkour Video:


And this guy doing Pacman in real life!!


A great week!

In other news, I've started a new series on my YouTube channel of book vlogs.  The first book I talk about is The Man on Platform 5 by Robert Llewellyn.  This is my all-time favourite book (I did a review of this a little while back for Faye's great blog, Daydreamers Thoughts) so it had to be the first one I talked about.  Check out the video and let me know if you like it, I'm planning to do more!





No comments:

Post a Comment

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog