Monday 14 July 2014

IT LIVES...

I have, as of about ten minutes ago, launched my very first crowdfunding campaign.

The Travelling Book Project, which I wrote about last time, appears to be quite popular.  As a summary, Travelling Books go from person to person, with each person writing in the book a little bit about themselves and their lives.  It's a brilliant way (I think!) of connecting with other people globally, being creative, and taking part in a bit of an adventure (and who doesn't secretly want to take part in an adventure!)

Originally I had planned to make five books, and just send them out to people that was interested, but very quick it became clear that more than five people would like a book, and as much as I'd like to, I can't make all of the books that people want for free.  Plus if we're going to have a good number of books (which I hope!) ideally I need to spend time, and quite possibly money, on tracking the books, perhaps by a website set up for the project.

So, I decided to set up a crowdfunding campaign, with people able to fund the project, and in return get their own book (or go for some other perks listed).



I would hugely appreciate you taking a look at the campaign page, and sharing it with your networks.  I've got three weeks to raise as much funds as possible to make the project as big and as successful as possible.

Do expect regular updates here, and on the campaign page.  I hope we will be raising a glass in a few weeks to a fully funded project!

Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog