Monday 4 July 2016

Chore Concentration


The graph above demonstrates my ability to concentrate on chores.  Basically, when I start, I'm on it 100%, firing on all cylinders, taking that task down.

But as time goes on, I start to get distracted.

Some chores are worse than others.  Putting clothes away, or washing up, for example, aren't too bad - I'll play something funny to listen to as I work, and I'm fine (at least until the show ends).  But take a job like tidying a room where a bookcase is.  It's a massive challenge for me to pick a book up, and put it on the bookcase without reading it for half an hour!  Especially if my wife is in a different room, and I can hear her coming so when I know she's about to burst in on me I can pretend that I'm dusting the book or something!

I'd like to say that my lack of concentration is due to my mobile phone, but I think I just like to distract myself :)

You see, I have an ethos of "continuous improvement" when it comes to doing chores.  What this means is that as long as the place is better when I stop than when I started, I'm generally happy.  If I've only ironed half the clothes, well it's better than when they all needed ironing.

I'd love to hear from you what your approach is - are you good at getting everything done?  Or is it a bit of a struggle?  Drop me a line in the comments :)

Enjoyed this?  Want more bloggy goodness but in a form that takes less reading?  Try my YouTube channel - you can even subscribe to it!  Also, on the right hand side of this page there's various links to subscribe to this blog, via a news reader, or by email, or even through something called Google Friend Connect (which I've never quite understood) - if you like what I do, feel free to hit some of these buttons to subscribe :)

2 comments:

  1. I do bits of this and that sitting down to rest all through the day and night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
    God bless you
    I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.

    ReplyDelete

TOTS 100 - UK Parent Blogs
familyholidays.co.uk
Paperblog BlogCatalog